Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boston Ave. Methodist


I had a nice easy Memorial Day weekend. I mostly stuck to Tulsa, got to hang out with friends alot. On Monday I borrowed a lens from my photographer friend John amatucciphotography.com and wandered around Tulsa all afternoon, ducking the rain periodically. This photo was my favorite from the batch, I took it outside my church. Well it isn't really MY church, I'm not a member. It was designed in the 1920s by Adah Robinson. It's 2 blocks from my house and I pass it every day to and from work. I call it my church because I love the building and I'm so lucky to be able to see it every day.

I take ALOT of photographs every where I go, but I barely have any from where I live. So I thought I''d take an afternoon and explore. I just barely got to take photos of everything. There are some more places downtown I'd like to explore, but I am hesitant to do it alone or without permission. (I have learned from Jeremy and Scott's run-ins with the law!!)

3 comments:

Zach said...

This is a great photo.

Anonymous said...

i agree, very awesome.

Dustin said...

Beautiful pic. I think it's great you're going to start taking more pics from around Tulsa...it's a unique place. You must get the new Rufus Wainwright CD, which has a song entitle "Tulsa". That song and your photos make me want to visit soon!