Thursday, June 05, 2008

Windy Thursday


I left for lunch at noon and ran over to Borders and bought a copy of David Sedaris' new book. He hasn't really come out with anything new since Thom and I saw him speak a few years ago. So I went directly home to my apartment that got power back only yesterday (we had a huge storm on Sunday with 75mph winds) to read. I warmed up a can of soup and got to it. Forty-five minutes later I woke up on the couch with the book on my lap, late for work. It really wasn't boring, I am just still so exhausted from staying at other people's houses while my power was out. I could stay at home during the aftermath of the ice storm because I had heat and hot water, but 75 degree nights without ac is really uncomfortable.

So tonight? I am looking forward to relaxing and reading my book in bed in the comfort of an air conditioned apartment.

No comments: