Thursday, October 16, 2008

my future floor


After lunch with my aunt Alice a few days ago I went by the Seattle Public Library to get my new library card and also wait for my sister to come pick me up.

This floor is in the first floor check out area of the library. I thought it was really cool with the letters raised up. There are multiple languages featured but they didn't seem to spell or say anything. It might be something the architect created for the building or maybe it's artwork. Not sure. More investigation may be necessary.

Meanwhile I am legal to check out books from the library. A friend said they have a fabulous collection of music (Seattle, go figure). So that will be the first thing on my list next time I go by.

http://www.spl.org/default.asp?pageID=branch_central_visit_art&branchID=1

Oh! I was right about the artwork. It's by Ann Hamilton. Read about it at the link above...

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

So cool! Miss you.

Unknown said...

1