Friday, February 06, 2009

Broken Social Scene


I got to see one of my favorite bands last night. Broken Social Scene is a larger band then I thought. In this instance, like with alot of bands I listen to, I had no idea what they looked like before the concert. These Canadians were older then I thought they were.

The concert was at Showbox Sodo and was sold out. I've been to this venue once before to see The Kooks. I have to say the acoustics totally stink and the layout sucks even more. But unlike my previous experience, I really loved it this time. Maybe it was the band. They were very talkative, commented about our new presidential success, and even gave advice about curfews. Overall they were in a great mood and totally rocked. They played all my favorite songs including "Anthem for a Sixteen Year Old Girl", "Stars and Sons" and "Looks Just Like The Sun". They had Lisa Lobsinger as the female singer. Many women have taken turns with the band including Lesile Feist (Feist), Emily Haines (Metric) and Amy Milan(Stars).

So I tried using my new Flip to record a few songs. It was really easy to keep pretty steady, I just couldn't dance. But, tall people kept getting in the way :(

No comments: