Saturday, December 13, 2008

Best of 2008: Beards, Beards, Beards!



I had forgotten about doing one of these, but Kathy's list got me thinking about how I would award this years music. Well here is the most anticipated top 24 songs of 2008. Yes there are only 24 instead a nice tidy 25 because 2 songs tied for #1. I couldn't decide which band I am in love with more, Bon Iver or Fleet Foxes. So I awarded the top spot to both and it's not just one song, it's the whole album that I am completely in love with. If you haven't heard these, go buy them right now. BUT, you must see or hear them live (even if they are just recordings). There is a great SXSW live set and interview with Bon Iver here NPR SXSW Bon Iver. Then after that go here...NPR FLEET FOXES. You won't be sorry.

1. Fleet Foxes - Mykonos or Winter Hymnal & Bon Iver - Flume
2. Pinpack - Good To Sea You
3. Blind Pilot - Go On, Say It
4. Helio Sequence - Hallelujah
5. Human Highway - The Sound
6. Mates of State - My Only Offer
7. TV on the Radio - Halfway Home
8. Elbow - Grounds for Divorce
9. Sigur Ros - Inni mer syngur vitleysingur
10. Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
11. Lykke Li - Tonight
12. Bell - Housefire
13. Ten Kens - Bear Fight
14. Ra Ra Riot - Dying is Fine
15. Dr. Dog - The Old Days
16. Elliot Brood - Write it All Down
17. Michael Franti and Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You)
18. CSS - Rat Is Dead
19. Jessica Lea Mayfield - Kiss Me Again
20. Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
21. Ray LaMontagne - You Are the Best Thing
22. DeVotchKa - The Clockwise Whitness
23. Thao with the Get Down Stay Down - Bag of Hammers
24. Say Hi - Northwestern Girls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list, Becky! I thought it was a pretty decent year for music.