Wednesday, January 07, 2009

$5.98


photo.jpg, originally uploaded by rrgelder0129.

The other day I was headed to work and I stopped into an asian gift shop. I was looking around at dishes, cookware and all kinds of strange items when I came across these dolls. A wedding doll set. Which is normal enough. But they each have a small child next to them, they look about 8 years old are so. So who are these children? Are the doll children from a previous marriage or relationship? Are they the brides children or the grooms? Or maybe they each have a child from a previous marriage. How many times have these dolls been married before? How did they meet? Dollieharmony.com? And the biggest question of all, who makes cakes that put on a light show and play music and why didn't Kathy get one for her wedding? Edible or not, seems like a no brainer. I think asian doll manufacturers must be more socially accepting of alternative versions of the typical family unit then the ones I grew up with. Plus they make toy wedding cakes with lights and music!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

REBECCA! They are the Ring bearer and Flower girl. Must I teach you everything about weddings? LOL! You should have bought them for David and Tiki as a wedding gift :)

bgelder said...

heehee, I did think of that, but I much prefer it the other way. Where are those children's parent's after all?