Thursday, July 02, 2009

Andrew Wyeth



I've loved this artist for a while now. These posters have just gone up all around Seattle. Wyeth is an American artist and one of my favorites to see in a collection at a museum. Modern art museums have a ton of abstract work in their collections. For me, Wyeth has always been a nice break from that. My favorite piece "Christina's World" by him is pictured below.



Seattle Art Museum has just hung a small exhibition of some of his finest paintings. Seven great Wyeth paintings from private collections, otherwise never on public view. Next Friday I'm going to see a documentary about Wyeth at SAM. I'm not sure if my favorite is among the paintings, but I've seen it before at MOMA in NYC. I'm very excited about seeing more of his work.

5 comments:

phrough said...

That was my favorite when I visited the MOMA! Thanks for reminding me of the artist.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.