Tuesday, July 14, 2009

no TV

For someone who doesn't have cable at home. I've managed to get myself addicted to two shows lately. I think I'm always late to getting into a show because I prefer the instant gratification of seeing an entire series at once.



The first one is Long Way Round. It's about 7 episode series about the 19,000-mile (31,000 km) journey of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman from London to New York on motorcycles. They travel eastward through Europe and Asia, flew to Alaska and continued by road from there to New York. After hearing about it from my copywriter here at work I looked it up at the Seattle Public Library, reserved it then waited patiently for it to come in. It's so great! My favorite is their ride on The Road of Bones in Siberia. Sulzer pointed out last week that there's a new one with them in Africa. It's next on my list.



The Wire. I heard it was fantastic when it first started. Then my friend Jen rented it just before she moved to Colorado. She left it with me to watch on the condition that I return it for her. I'm totally addicted. I love how smart the drug dealers are and how even the "scum" of Baltimore have principals.

No comments: